Many times I ponder where did I come from? Who am I, and how do I define myself? As I grow I continually change who I am and at the same time stay who I am. As I was reading Your Best Life Now a point was made that it's not about who we are, but WHOSE we are. All of us come from a heavenly father that loves us very much and if we choose to stand a daughter/son many times things will happen in our favor with other believers. A good comparison made was when a man was pulled over and once the cop realized who his father was he let him off the hook. It can be seen the same way do we choose to call ourselves daughter/son of our heavenly father? So this leads me to my next point if we are to get closer how do we do this? By obeying and choosing the right path to make decision with less sin. Today I had a discussion about how sin is sin and even the small little sins are ways that we can make ourself closer to God. I know I have plenty of little sins that I need to work out and I found this verse In James 2For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.”If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.
So in a sense all sin is equal. That is any sin large or small separates us from God. Like a cut our skin bleed, both large and small cuts bleed. They are equal in the fact that they bleed, but some are deeper than others. I really want to try and work on the little sins that I make on a daily basis.
Lastly, yesterday I realized how soon I am able to come home. I don't think I have ever missed home so much. It has been since Christmas since I have been home and that was for 6 days. I am so excited to see my family and spend time with my friends. Please if you are reading this and will be in the pocatello area in August please let me know!!
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment