Okay so I have never blogged before, but I have taken on a challenge for myself! I started reading Your Best Life Now and it has inspired me to blog about my personal experiences through this book and also record what I have been up to on a daily basis. If I can keep this up for 90 days straight which (21 makes a habit) I think it will help me become closer to God in so many ways. I have been struggling with being disciplined to read the bible everyday and I think this first devotional helped me because it starts with Let's start believing more. Joel discusses how we make goals for ourself to break a bad habit, lose some weight, etc. At first we are so excited we're fired and we go after it! But over time we get lazy we get complacent and see a little improvement, and we comfortable right where we are. Where we are may not be in a bad place but we know it's not where we're supposed to be. We're not stretching our faith. Don't be satisfied with a little improvement. Begin believing for better process and press on to God's best. This hit me I recently went to olympic trials and performed far from where I wanted to perform, but I think I got in this mind set I started swimming poorly from the beginning and began to be satisfied with performing average. How do I exactly change that mind set? A step in the right direction is allowing God into my sport and not following up to anyone expectations, but mine and God's alone. When I swim for myself I am having so much more fun and I am achieving things for myself. I guess in the end my goal is to not only to improve myself, but improve myself through helping others. Most people can agree when we put our work gloves on we get so much more than focusing on ourself.
Thus, today is Monday and my challenge for today is to not be satisfied with anything because there are always more people to help more things to improve in myself. I am starting to volunteer at a senior citizen home and you know what I think I can challenge about anyone in a game of chess. Bring it !!
Lastly filling out a blog every single day through this book and hopefully I can see progress in my own life. XoxXO
No comments:
Post a Comment