Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday realization

So last night as I went to Inner Fire Yoga I had a realization. At first when I started was so impressed by how many people I could look at and maybe they didn't seem the most athletic person but they were definitely further along in their journey through yoga. I remember watching this one girl who was so flexible and could do many of the poses into their varied harder positions. As I watching her being the completive person I am I felt that needed to do that I need pose even better. I needed to be that flexible, but as I have learned through many of the yogi's that it isn't about trying to beat out someone but improving your own process. Last night it dawned on me that many of us were all in this room and were at different levels. The teacher would have a certain pose and as we all did this pose as a group we would meet back in down dog. And I had this realization that many times we focus on what is going on around us what other people are doing and trying to beat someone based upon their abilities. I think sometimes in certain parts of our life we need to focus solely on where we are at. Many times trying to force a "pose" we never become better. Taking step by step we can see the little improvements and before we know it we are farther than we have ever imagined. Well thats just a little insight for today. And TODAY is always a great day to be happy! <3 xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment